These are the only remaining Democrats that still haven’t signed the discharge petition to save net neutrality
Outside of Washington, DC, net neutrality is not a partisan issue. Poll after poll shows that the overwhelming majority of voters, including Republicans, Democrats, and Independents, oppose the FCC’s repeal of open Internet protections and want Congress to overturn it. No one wants their cable company to control what they can see and do online.
But telecom mega-corporations like Comcast and AT&T have poured nearly $200 million into lobbying to kill net neutrality. And since FCC Chairman Ajit Pai is a GOP nominee, the issue has become increasingly partisan in DC, with most Democrats lining up in support of a Congressional Review Act (CRA) resolution to restore net neutrality, and so far most Republican lawmakers against, despite the wishes of the majority of GOP voters.
But there are still 22 House Democrats that have not yet signed the “discharge petition” to force a vote on the Congressional Review Act (CRA) resolution. There’s only one reason for this: they’re being pressured by ISP lobbyists to remain silent and sell us out.
Here’s the list. Contact these elected officials today and ask them: “Why haven’t you signed the discharge petition to save net neutrality?” Want to know where your own reps stand? Check the net neutrality scoreboard!
- Rep Tom O’Halleran (D-AZ) | 202–225–3361 | @RepOhalleran
- Rep Krysten Sinema (D-AZ)| 202–225–9888 | @RepSinema
- Rep Jim Costa (D-CA)| 202–225–3341 | @RepJimCosta
- Rep Stephanie Murphy (D-FL)| 202 225–4035 | @RepStephMurphy
- Rep Frederica Wilson (D-FL)| 202 225–4506 | @RepWilson
- Rep David Scott (D-GA)| 202 225–2939 | @RepDavidScott
- Rep Gene Green (D-TX)| 202 225–1688 | @RepGeneGreen
- Rep Bradley Schneider (D-IL)| 202–225–4835 | @RepSchneider
- Rep G.K. Butterfield (D-NC)| 202 225–3101 | @GKButterfield
- Rep Josh Gottheimer (D-NJ)| 202 225–4465 | @RepJoshG
- Rep Robert Brady (D-PA)| 202 225–4731 | @RepBrady
- Rep Dwight Evans (D-PA)| 202 225–4001 | @RepDwightEvans
- Rep Vicente Gonzalez (D-TX)| 202–225–2531 | @RepGonzalez
- Rep Filemon Vela (D-TX) | 202 225–9901 | @RepFilemonVela
- Rep Terri A. Sewell (D-AL)| 202 225–2665 | @RepTerriSewell
- Rep Pete Aguilar (D-CA)| 202 225–3201 | @RepPeteAguilar
- Rep Pete Visclosky (D-IN)| 202 225–2461 | @RepVisclosky
- Rep Brendan Boyle (D-PA)| 202 225–6111 | @CongBoyle
- Rep Joyce Beatty (D-OH)| 202–225–4324 | @RepBeatty
These two reps just did something good, and voted for a pro-net neutrality appropriations amendment. So call and thank them for doing that, but ask them to sign the discharge petition already!
- Rep Henry Cuellar (D-TX)| 202 225–1640 | @RepCuellar
- Rep Matthew Cartwright (D-PA)| 202–225–5546 | @RepCartwright
Please spread the word to anyone you know in these districts and encourage them to contact their representatives. Use BattleForTheNet.com to contact your own reps as well! The fight is not over. Congress can still overrule the FCC and save net neutrality. But they’ll only do it if we make them.